And now William Rees-Mogg has joined in, saying 'Labour's Best Hope is the Palin Effect' - I'm sure Ruth Kelly and Harriet Harman are delighted to be singled out by the mighty Mogg for his approbation.
Well perhaps this is time to launch my bid to be the female politician who is the polar opposite of Sarah Palin in as many respects as you can possibly imagine?
- Christian creationist -vs- atheist Darwinist;
- gun toting moose-burger munching hunter -vs- a vegan who won't even kill mosquitos;
- 'hockey mum' of five strangely-named kids -vs- no kids, never wanted them (tho' proud auntie of thirteen (sort of) sensibly-named nieces and nephews - or at least not called Trig, Track or Bristol);
- opposed the designation of polar bears and Beluga whales as endangered species -v- campaigned against seal hunts, badger culling, whaling;
- finalist in Miss Alaska -vs- ..... ok, let's not go there.
And then there are her views on the death penalty, abortion, gun control, same sex marriage, climate change. And the glasses. My only weak spot is that apparently she likes riding snowmobiles - which I suspect might actually be quite good fun if not entirely environmentally sound.
The Vogue picture is photo-shopped by the way, by one of her constituents. There is however a real picture of Top Tory Theresa Villiers in this month's British Vogue, modelling 'workwear'. Tatler one day, Vogue the next - there are glammed-up Tories everywhere these days.
PS Have just come across a website suggesting Barack Obama must be anti-American because one of his daughters - Natasha - has a Russian name. Only in America...