Saturday 29 March 2008

A date for your diaries

Finally got round to reading the copy of The Spark that has been kicking around my flat for the past month. Very disappointed to discover I'll be missing the Bristol Vegan Fayre ("the world's biggest vegan fayre") this year, as I've already agreed to take part in a conference in Jordan that weekend. It's on Saturday May 31st and Sunday June 1st. Will have to lend my vegan sister and family the keys to my flat so they can come down for the weekend - with strict instructions to do some shopping for me there! And Misty in Roots - one of John Peel's various bands - will be playing too. For more info and tickets see www.bristolveganfayre.co.uk/home.htm.

The Spark is also advertising an event in Castle Park on May 9th-10th, to mark World Fair Trade Day. Bristol's first Ethical Expo will include stalls, speakers and workshops, as well as Chocolink, a live link to a cocoa growers' co-op in Ghana. See www.ethicalexpo.com.

No comments: