Monday 21 December 2009

The First time I've ever blogged about buses

Also in today's BEP, me talking about buses. Some might say, oh she's going on about buses again. But you'd be wrong. According to Councillor Jon Rogers (see comments on the BEP site) I have shown no interest in the subject at all till now. I'm only bringing it up because there's an election.

Memo to Jon: Type 'bus' into the search engine on my website. Or on this blog. Or ask any of the local radio stations. Or check membership of the Local Transport Bill Committee. And then tell me what you're talking about....

3 comments:

Stephen said...

Is that really a song title?

Kerry said...

It could potentially be a Half Man Half Biscuit song title, don't you think?

I've used up all the song titles about buses already. Despite having never blogged about them before. No, not me guv.

Jon Rogers said...

What I said was...

"Hmmmm... must be an election coming!

Labour has run Bristol for most of the last 30 years and the country for over 12 years and finally Ms McCarthy is looking to improve the bus services!

Finally, her electoral predicament has encouraged her to listen to her constituents."


Must have hit a raw nerve.

But you are right. It is a bit strong. Happy to take out the word "finally" so now it reads...

"Hmmmm... must be an election coming!

Labour has run Bristol for most of the last 30 years and the country for over 12 years and Ms McCarthy is looking to improve the bus services!

Her electoral predicament has encouraged her to listen to her constituents."


HTH

Jon