Sunday 13 December 2009

Game on for Gavin!

On a much happier note, I've been on the phone tonight with Gavin Shuker who has very deservedly won the Luton South selection and will be carrying the Labour torch against the Tories, Esther Rantzen et al next May or whenever it is. (And can everyone please stop talking about a possible March 25th election because March 26th is my birthday and I'm worried no-one will notice). Top marks to Gavin for already updating his website with the news, and with his pledges as candidate, though not unexpected as he's made exemplary use of new media during the selection campaign.

Gavin and I both went to Luton Sixth Form College, although I was a few years older than him. (OK, he wasn't even born when I started there... perhaps I should cancel those birthday celebrations after all.) Anyway, Gavin, well done - and game on!

No comments: