Wednesday 2 September 2009

Letters from Ireland #1

What follows is a series of blog posts written during my few days in Ireland, mostly written on the ferry actually, on the way home. We are meant to be passing one of the biggest ships in the world, which is full of liquid nitrogen, but either I’ve got my ports and starboards muddled up or it’s camouflaged as an island off the coast of Wales somewhere. It’s thoroughly miserable weather, and the ferry captain has announced we’ve got the stabiliser fins on, which rather suggests he can’t ‘ride’ a proper boat yet.

I was thinking of labelling these posts ‘A blog from the bog’ but fear that would be liable to misinterpretation. (Surely it’s only a matter of time before the pile of music and car magazines, and copies of GQ and Nuts most single men keep by the toilet are replaced by netbooks attached to the toilet roll holder, so they can surf while they… well, let’s not go there. But I think I’ve found the marketing slogan already).

No comments: