Sunday 7 December 2008

Over the limit

In a probably futile bid to change the subject, in New South Wales they're apparently going to breathalyse MPs before they let them vote. Not sure quite how drunk you have to be before they stop you fulfilling your democratic duty. I note that the NSW National Party leader is called Andrew Stoner... so perhaps it's not just the breathalyser that's needed?
Mr Blaney, whose blog I have just accidentally stumbled across while searching for the link, has also picked up on the story. He is now standing in the corner with his back to the class and his hands on his head for suggesting that our Speaker - well-known for his teetotalism - should be breathalysed too.
P.S. I am not going to allow any comments which suggest I drink, because I don't.

No comments: