Monday 22 December 2008

A normal guy with a sense of humour

One of my regulars mentioned recently that he'd said something nice-ish about me on the F2C site. For those of you who weren't immediately seized by curiosity and felt compelled to follow it up by feverish searching, here it is, in its entirety.

Posted: Tue 16 Dec 2008 12:35 am

I think it is brilliant the way all these comments are going onto Tom Harris' blog. Dastardly, I really appreciate your articulate comments which I have seen in many places. I hope you and others realise that my own way of commenting on blogs and newspaper articles may sometimes seem odd. OK, it may not always work, and sometimes what I say may seem peculiar, but I am just using my own methods that's all. Don't quote me, it might ruin it, but I have been commenting on Kerry McCarthy's blog about all and sundry, but I tell you what, Kerry McCarthy knows who I am, and she puts everything on (she has started moderating).

One of my own personal tasks is to get people like McCarthy and Flynn and Harris to realise that timbone, a freedon2choose member, is a normal guy with a sense of humour who wishes no harm on anybody and likes to have a fag sometimes.

PS - I think Kerry McCarthy is an important person to 'get into' (nooooo not like that) seriously, I think she could climb the ranks in nuLabour, especially when they are practically wiped out in 2010.

Timbone, I am prepared to tolerate you and your poetry and your trombone playing (or whatever it was you were doing on Youtube). But one of you is more than enough. Please don't encourage the others!

11 comments:

Kerry said...

OH - please note that whenever you attempt to post something with a link on it, the link doesn't get clicked. No curiosity on my part whatsoever. So you're not even talking to an audience of one.

timbone said...

......I am speechless...I don't know whether this is good or bad, but thanks for the present Kerry, it is not every day I get put onto someone's blog...and I hope you and your family have a fabulous Christmas.

On a seasonal note, I am sure you would like to know my favourite Christmas single. It is "Last Christmas" by Wham. Maybe I will record a new version next Christmas, and dedicate it to you.

PS There is no connection between one of the members of Wham and me saying I like a fag - this is an English blogsite after all.

Kerry said...

I will allow you that one Timbone, seeing as I've just 'outed' you on here. But beware - Ian B thinks you're gonna be locked up for it.

timbone said...

As long as you visit me Kerry, it would be worth it.

Ian B said...

Ian B thinks... well, kind of slowly to be honest, but I don't think Labour are going to be wiped out in 2010. I think there'll be a surprise similar to Major/Kinnock, but not because of somebody bounding onto a stage with a pink face and shouting "Well alright!" but because Call Me Dave is utterly crap.

Not that it matters really. The same advisory cabal will be running the show whoever wins, so we can expect a continuation of the Temperance Movement wars on smokers, drinkers, fat people and so on regardless.

The last pack of baccy I bought told me that baccy contains benzine. Why don't orange juice bottles tell me they contain benzene? Isn't this discrimination?

"Lonely This Christmas" by Mud.

Kerry said...

Is that your bet as to what Tom would have at number one? I have a bit of a soft spot for that one.

DaveA said...

Kerry, I am afraid you are stuck with me too from F2C. AT least I am nice sometimes :)

My musical claim to fame is I have been a pianist for 30 years.

Also replied to your last email today, thanks.

Still Merry Christmas Slade for me.

Kerry said...

Why don't you and timbone get together with OH on vocals and enter X Factor next year? You could do that Stones/ Soup Dragons song 'I'm free to do what I want, any old time'...

DaveA said...

"....only if Labour approve of it."

There always is "Smoke Gets In Your Eyes." except on private property called a pub.

"Two Pints And A Packet of Crisps" but no ashtray.

Can anyone think of any more?

Kerry said...

There's loads. Freedom by George Michael. Me and Bobby Magee "Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose".

Or on the smoking theme, how about Cigarettes and Alcohol? (Outdoor version).

timbone said...

"Why don't you and timbone get together with OH on vocals and enter X Factor next year?" -

...and call ourselves Three Old Hormones. Our first single being "Born Free (what happened)" a dance version. Then a Christmas single in 2010, "Happy Christmas, nuLabour is over"