Monday 24 March 2008

Back from India

Arrived back from India the day before yesterday, from the sunshine to the snow.
I've taken some video footage and a few pics, so will put them on the main website soon. The Indy sent a journalist with us, and will be doing a big feature in their education supplement, so I'll post that too.
As PPS in DFID I'm a bit restricted in what I can do to follow this up in a public way in Parliament - I can't, for example, ask for an adjournment debate or put down parliamentary questions. What I really want to do is to take what we've learnt on the trip out to as many schools in my constituency as I can, and I know that the teachers who accompanied me on the trip are keen to do that too.
The Global Campaign for Education is having a Global Action Week towards the end of April, with what is billed as the World's Biggest Lesson - an attempt to break a world record - on 23rd April. I hope we can persuade as many schools in Bristol as possible to take part. For more info, see www.campaignforeducation.org/.

No comments: